Sunday, November 04, 2007

F12006 Even Better than F12002

I love playing simulation games and the latest one I'm playing is F12006. It's not an official EA Sports product. The guys who have developed it have used the EA Sports F12002 as the platform and tweaked it to give it a fresh lease of life. The game is truly awesome. Here's how F12006 is better than F12002.

  1. The realism is really really good. The engine sounds are authentic (I've compared the sounds with YouTube videos). Particularly, the McLaren Mercedes MP4-21 sounds sweet.
  2. The physics is also great - much improved in comparison to F12002. The way the front-end of the car understeers looks really like real F1 cars. And the scrubbing sound associated with it is also better than the previous version.

But, one grouse I have with the game - though it's down to my computer - is that the graphics is so heavy that my machine struggles a bit to play the game. I'm having to turn down the level of detailing to make it work reasonably well.

I would recommend this game for hard-core F1 simulation game lovers.

8 comments:

Chandrasekharan said...

good notice of the minute details...

Chandrasekharan said...

y is the graphics slow?

Chandrasekharan said...

-> JS and sri

whats that iceman

S R I R A M said...

My computer doesn't have a graphics card. That's why.

S R I R A M said...

"Iceman" is the nick name of Kimi Raikkonen. JS uses it as his name to annoy me.

Sriram said...

dont forget i got other name too flatoutram....

icemanram

S R I R A M said...

Dei. En kaila kadacha, dharma adithan unnakku. Midhichiruvaen! :-)

Chandrasekharan said...

soringa opicers